Whole Wheat Bindweed Waffles
*The organic wheat used in this recipe was from Mosher Products Cheyenne, WY (www.wheatandgrain.com). The milk is Kalona SuperNatural Whole Milk with Cream Top Non-Homogeonized and Batch-Pasteurized from pasture-raised cows.
Recipe formulated by Patricia L Odom
- 1- 3/4 c. Organic Hard White Winter Wheat* flour (freshly ground, if possible)
- 1/4 c. Naturally Noble Bindweed Powder
- 1 T. Rumford Baking Powder (Aluminum Free and NON-GMO)
- 1/4 t. Redmond Real Sea Salt
- 1/2 c. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-3/4 c. Organic Whole Milk *
- 2 Eggs
Mix dry ingredients together (flour, bindweed, baking powder and sea salt) with a wire whisk. In another bowl lightly beat eggs, then whisk in oil and milk. Add wet mix to dry ingredients and whisk just until all is combined. Pour approx. 1/2 c. waffle batter onto pre-heated waffle maker. Cook until light goes off on waffle iron or it quits steaming. Makes approximately eight 4″x8″ waffles.