Whole Wheat Oatgrass Pancakes
*The organic wheat used in this recipe was from Mosher Products Cheyenne, WY . The Sugar used is Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar Pure and Unrefined (NON-GMO) by Alter Eco. The milk is from Kalona SuperNatural Whole Milk with Cream Top Non-Homogoenized and Batch-Pasteurized from pasture-raised cows.
Recipe formulated by Patricia L Odom
- 2 c. Organic Hard White Winter Wheat* flour (freshly ground, if possible)
- 1/4 c. Naturally Noble Oatgrass Powder
- 1-1/2 T. Organic Cane Sugar*
- 1-1/2 t. Rumford Baking Powder (Aluminum Free and NON-GMO)
- 3/4 t. Baking Soda
- 1/4 t. Redmond Real Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 T. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 c. Organic Milk*
Mix dry ingredients together with wire whisk. In another bowl lightly beat eggs, then whisk in the oil and milk. Add wet mix to dry ingredients just until combined. Pour 1/4 c. batter onto hot griddle over medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until lots of bubbles pop on top, then flip over for another minute or so. Serve hot with butter.
Suggested toppings: Almond Butter or Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup, Raw Honey, Unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses or fresh berries.